Monday, June 21, 2010

A Father Indeed

We had a great Father's day yesterday. Let me back up to a week ago...

Last Sunday I was asked to speak at our Stake Conference!! If you know me well, you know that I get REALLY REALLY nervous when having to speak in front of groups. And this is not just any group...it's about 500plus people! I was dying and had pretty much the worst week ever. I had the biggest pit in my stomach all week and could not think about a single thing but my talk. I will say, I had a great topic, Fathers. I have so many influential Fathers in my life so I was very honored to get to speak on such a topic. Yesterday morning, I woke up and for some reason I was so ready to speak and actually a little excited. All those prayers really payed off. The talk went well and I was able to say everything that I wanted to say. I felt like a million bucks afterward, for accomplishing something that is one of my biggest fears! So, needless to say, the rest of my day went so great! I was so happy to have that over with.
It was fun to have Noah home with us all day (normally he has church meetings most of the day) and celebrate the amazing Father he is. We watched UP, napped, ate a yummy dinner, went on a walk, and went on a drive to a fun beach that I'm hoping to go to this week.
I have the best Dad, Father in Law, Grandpa's, Father to my kids. I am so lucky to have them in my life.
Happy Father's day.

Noah was needing some new tie's. So he got not one...

Not two...

But three new ties! One from each kid.

Ronan wasn't too happy at this point..


Our church comes out with the most heartfelt videos I have ever seen. Yesterday I watched this one and loved every second of it. It made me so proud that I have a wonderful Dad in my life. You might need a kleenex...

5 comments:

amberbuck said...

Jill, I almost died for you that you had to give a talk in Stake Conf...not so sure I could have done that but I'm glad you felt good about it! I wanted to get Russell a tie but he told me "heck no..I'll just wear the one I have." ya. the 1 maybe 2 that he wears every week. I bet you are getting excited to visit good ol' AZ! How have you standed to be away for a year?! Have fun!

☂niki. said...

good job! i wish i could have heard you speak.

i love the pic of noah with his third tie! priceless.

Hess Fam said...

WOW! This takes speaking to a whole new level. I am very proud of you my friend!
Thanks for sharing.

Cory♥Jessica said...

Loved the video Jill! Thats so awesome your talk went well, I probably would have become inactive if I was ever asked to speak in STAKE conference!! You are amazing!

Flaherty Fam said...

And I thought it was stressful preparing my relief society lesson this week. I'm sure you did such a wonderful job...wish I could have heard you.