Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The big day

A couple years ago I realized that Brody and Sadie would be 1 grade apart. I love that they are so close in age and get to do so many things together....but it's just all happening way too fast!
Today Brody started all day 1st grade. He was a champ. What's new? Noah got up this morning just after 6 and Brody was dressed, shoes on, watching cartoons waiting for school! Gosh, he is so great. He loved getting to eat lunch at school. I wrote him a little note and put it in his lunch box and he gave it back to me after school and it said, "I love you to".
Sadie started afternoon kindergarten today. She has Brody's teacher from last year..Mrs. Dykes (per my request). She is an amazing teacher and we feel so blessed to get her for both kids. Sadie was also super excited for school to start. She asked me about 15 times if it was time to go to the bus stop! She did so great and loved everything. I asked her what her favorite part was and she said, "seeing Brody at school...when I saw him I ran up to him and gave him a big hug"! I'm so grateful my kids love school so much.

It was fun to spend time with just Ronan. He is about 75% potty trained so this new time will give us a chance to work on that last little bit.  What did we do with our time?...lunch with friends at Nordy's cafe to celebrate back to school!!


Here's to a great year of school!!

8 comments:

Kat said...

Wow- I remember when Sadie was born, and now she's in school :/ (I guess I know how you feel now). How nice that you have a little free time with just Ronan too! Hope you are all doing well!

niki said...

ok, brody giving you the note back and saying i love you too made me teary. then sadie saying she ran up and gave brody a hug at school made me teary again! we miss you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Niki...I also got teary-eyed reading about Brody and Sadie's first day of school. LOVE THOSE GRANDKIDS!

Maddy said...

They are SO SO cute! And happy days for you!!! We sure miss Brody and Sadie out here and I am SO jealous of the bus.

I am patiently waiting for my e-mail. I will keep all the news to myself until then. . . ;p

Katrina said...

What a fun day!! I love that you guys went out to lunch! I have never heard of that place before...looks yummy! Wish I could have been there :)!

Flaherty Fam said...

I can't even imagine the day when I'll be sending both my kids to school...so fun and sad at the same time. Good luck with potty training. Raylee is well on her way too. I love having no diapers:)

Cara said...

Sadie's hair is getting so long!!!
It's always fun to have family attend the same school as you too! I know it always made my day when either you or Justin would say hi to me at school so I can imagine Sadie's excitement!

Casey said...

Love all the pictures!! Sadie looks so excited and just strutting her stuff that she's getting on the bus and going to school! Love it!! I put a note in Brady's lunch and he came home with it in his hand all crumpled up and mad at me...he said his friends laughed and made fun of him for the note. Silly boys. Bailey loved her note.