Sunday, May 6, 2007

Family Campout




Last weekend we went to Bear Canyon Lake with my family. We had to leave later than everyone else and had a little trouble finding everyone. They told us they would leave a sign for us telling us which way to go. So when we saw the paper plate that said Tyler we followed what it said. Well after about 45 min. of driving in the wrong direction we turned around. We then saw another plate that said Arnett. So in other words we took someone named Tyler's directions and they were probably even more lost than we were! The first night was freezing!!! Especially because I forgot to pack the sleeping bags. Blankets didn't cut it. But the next night was much more enjoyable. We had a scavenger hunt, hiked down to the lake, rode on the Ranger and the Quad., played games and ate food every waking second! It was great. My mom and dad really know how to go camping and make it enjoyable. My dad "surprised" my mom with a new Ranger he had just bought a couple of days before. Isn't that what you always wanted Mom? Ha Ha. It was really fun to have up there though. The picture of Sadie laying on the ground is her throwing one of her famous tantrums. We just let her lay there until she is to tired to cry anymore. It's really funny. The kids both fell asleep after about 10 min. being on the road. They were so tired from playing all day long and staying up way too late. They love playing with their cousins Emi and Matix. They are pretty much inseparable. They are five days younger that Brody so it's pretty much like having triplets running around. All in all it was a great trip and can't wait to go again!


7 comments:

Maddy said...

Oh my gosh! that picture of Sadie is so cute. I didn't know she was capable of throwing fits! She's always so cute and quiet when she's over here.

Oh, and I love that you stole the Tyler's directions. I guess that's what happens when you have a common last nae. That's pretty funny.

Suzy Cummard said...

Sounds like fun! I love that your dad uses the same excuses my dad does to get his "TOYS". That's funny!
BTW- You are not supposed to look that cute to go camping!

Lynsey said...

Your kids are so cute! I can't wait until austin gets older so we can do more things with him. Kids love camping!!
Im not exactly sure where crystal lives but she use to be in my ward a while ago when we first moved out here, so she has to be pretty close. We should do something that would be fun.

chris+amber said...

How fun! I agree w/ Maddy. I didn't think Sadie had the ability to throw tantrums. She is so quiet and sweet @ the gym. Yes, Suzy...who looks that cute when they go camping?! You're too cute, Jill.

Becky said...

love that picture of sadie on the ground! girls are great!

Janel said...

I wanna go camping with your family!!! LOL That looks like so much fun!

Abby Runyan said...

Ok you do the funnest things with your family. Looks like they had so much fun. I think Joseph would love it, but I'm pretty sure I would hate it!!!! Camping is way to much WORK!