Wednesday, June 20, 2007

NEW YORK

A couple weeks ago My Mom, Grandma, Aunt and cousin took a girls trip to New York. We stayed in this great two bed two bath with kitchen apt. that was right down the walk way from David Letterman. Kind of funny/crazy story......so this guy was illegally renting our apt. out on Craigslist and two days before we got there he showed the apt. to five different groups and collected about 15,ooo all together(they were all planning on staying for the summer). Well long story short we showed up the same time to check in the same time of two other groups. We went through the hotel agency to book the room so luckily we were ok. It was totally crazy for several hours, we had to get the locks changed, the cops came pounding on our door at one in the morning to try and figure all this out. It all worked out fine but was a little scary!I went to a taping of the Rachel Ray show. I totally love her......although she looks a little different in real life.Oh ya....I also danced with J.T.! He didn't look to thrilled.Below the Empire state buildingOn top of the Empire state buildingTrying to conquer the subwayManhattan TempleTaking the fairy to Staten Island. I imagined the Statue of liberty much bigger.Ground zeroWe went to the play Hairspray. It was fabulous and a must see. Ashley Parker Angel is starring in it right now. I'm jealous that my cousin Lindsey got a pic with him. They both look really cute though.
I got up super early (by myself ) to see Rhianna perform on the Today show. She is so cute and sounded amazing.Playing the piano at FAO SchwartzWalking across the Brooklyn Bridge. Last but certainly not least....WICKED!! This is the best play I have ever seen. It is definitely worth every penny!! I can't wait to see it again.

15 comments:

Casey said...

WOW, what a great trip!!!

The Wilkins' said...

What a fun trip! You really did do EVERYTHING! NY is so much fun. I love Rachael Ray too - that picture totally doesn't look like her! By the way, you look so cute in all your pictures.

Becky said...

hmmm...NYC. My Disneyland. :) I LOVE THAT CITY! Your trip looks amazing! Love all the pics!

chris+amber said...

I'm so jealous you got to see Rachael Ray! I love her! I thought that was a wax statue of her. She totally doesn't look like that on TV. It looks like she wears a TON of makeup. You really planned your trip well and did SO much! I wanna shop in your closet. You have such cute clothes! And your mom & her sister look like twins! Are they?

Leah Fitts said...

Jill!!!a)yes i made it home with out doing any pushing on the res..b)i dont know why your name looked crazy, it looks normal to me...c) why are you so dreamy and did you go to applebees after that amazing dinner tonight...hahaha.... wow i am an idiot!

Maddy said...

That story about the mix up is CRAZy!!!

And I love all your pictures ;p

Unknown said...

Jill, this is Shalae & Suzanne. We cannot figure out if that is really Rachel Ray. She totally looks different. We were wondering if maybe it was a wax statue, so we looked at the comments to see if anyone else commented about it yet. Amber already said the same thing. So, please tell us - is that really her? Or are you being sarcastic about meeting her in "real life"?

Unknown said...

OK, I think we just figured it out on our own. We blew up the picture of J.T. and that is obviously NOT Justin Timberlake. You forgot to mention that you went to a wax museum in NYC. It looks like that trip was so fun! We want to go now.
-Shalae & Suzanne (again)

Hess Fam said...

Whaaa! I'm so jealous! That looks like the funnest trip. I actually was watching the Today show with Rhianna. I wish I would have looked for you! I miss you because I had so much fun that night we hung out. I can't wait to pull another all nighter in a month! You better catch up on your sleep now!!

Brittney said...

Hey Jill its Brittney from Hair-do. I seriously have been looking at like so many peoples blogs and keep finding people I know. So I found yours and wanted to say Hi. Its been a long time. Your kids are so cute and I am very jealous of your trip you took. I have seen Wicked twice and absolutely love it!!! hey if you ever want to check out my blog its www.rockinandarollindbb.blogspot.com. hope you are doing great and I would love to hear from you!!!

the waites said...

Whatever how fun!!! I . I love Rhianna that umbrella song is the best to run to. Can you please plan a trip out here already. I think racheal ray had some work done....I love how your just right at home in her little Kitchen.

sara said...

WOW. What a fun fun trip! It looks like you did it all. Such cute pics. I had to tell you that I love the Sugardoodle link on your page! SO HELPFUL! I have to give a lesson in YM next week and this page has given me some great ideas! Thanks!

Brittney said...

Hey Jill thanks for replying on my blog. But we live here in good ol' AZ but my family lives in Idaho. I was just visiting there. It was good hearing from you. Hopefully I will talk to you soon.

See it Try it Love it said...

That sounds like one amazing trip. You look so cute in all of the pictures. I can't wait till we go. Thanks for all of your advice we will definitely try and go to Wicked!

emmielou said...

Ok, so what did you think about Rachel Ray. I heard on a local radio station people saying that she is a total b in person. Weird? Anyway, your little girl is adorable and yes I am still trying to figure out how I can squeeze into the bunko group. Since everyone in the salon is in it but me. haha how rude