Wednesday, August 1, 2007

July Happenings

The month of July has been full of fun events, but I am anxiously awaiting the fall months to come. I love the change of seasons. Not to mention, ready for the temps to drop! The past two weeks of stormy weather has been fabulous though.
Noah started of this month by going to Havasupai with the young men in the ward. They had so much fun and everyone did pretty good on the hike. The only bad thing about the trip is that Noah lost his wedding ring while going through a rapid. I guess if you're going to lose your wedding ring it may as well be in one of the seven wonders of the world. Right?! He finished up a session of summer school, and is currently still on the Dean's list! Then the young leaders took the boys up to canyon lake for an overnight lake trip before school started for everyone. They had a blast!
You can now add Gap to one of my job titles! I started working flow. Which means you go in 2 or 3 times a month after hours and help put out all the stock and organize everything. I pulled in a whopping 9 hours this past month! You should see my pay check! Noah just makes fun of me. But I get a great discount, so who cares! I just finished reading Twilight. It is such a good book. I neglected my kids and husband for about two days, but I really could not put it down. I also just finished writing our primary program. Ya that's right! I am so excited to see it all come together. Our primary kids are the best!
Brody just finished up his swimming lessons. (finally!) He is getting so good at swimming back and forth all by him self. He spends most of his days playing with his best bud Dayton who lives next door. All the other kids on the street are in school already so it's just the little ones again. We took Brody to a D Backs game for the first time and absolutely loved it. They handed out baseball cards as you walked in, so he kept waving them at the game, thinking that it meant something. It was really funny. Brody gave a talk in church this past Sun. and did so good!! He absolutely loved being in front of everyone with all the attention. I wonder where he gets that from??
Sadie had a big month in July. She turned 2!! She had a really fun party and got way too many fun new toys. She also gave up the passy! Noah cut the tip off one of them and gave it back to her, and she said: "not going". She didn't really get it and then threw it. She asked for it a few times but that was it. She is such the big girl now.
Well that's about it. We are all doing great and are thankful for all our many blessings!

13 comments:

Cory♥Jessica said...

Hey Jill, I havent seen you in a long time. I just started a blog, its kind of hard but i'm getting used to it. I'm still trying to figure out how to put on a video. Your blog is way cute. I totally want to work flow too, Vanessa said she talked to April so hopefully. Talk to you later.
Jessica Teague

the waites said...

Miss I dont read books... I knew you would love it Im excited to read Eclipse comes out next week!

chris+amber said...

Your family is always doing so many fun things! I found Brody at the gym yesterday playing with Tate. It was the cutest thing ever! I love your kids!

chris+amber said...

Oh, I forgot to say that it must be so nice to have a little side job just to get out of the house and a little discount is always fun!!

Brittney said...

Hey Jill- How in the world did your little girl give up the binki that easy? My son still has his and he will be 2 in Sept and I dont know if I can take it away from him. He loves it. What do I do? I am way too big of a chicken!!!

Maddy said...

Everyone keeps talking about Twighlight, so I bought it a few weeks ago, but I haven't found any time to start reading it yet. I haven't met anyone who hasn't raved about it. I really want to read it!

And I really want to read the SMP too. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on that yet -- it has been crazy over here. I'm sure it's AWESOME!

See it Try it Love it said...

Go Gap, I need to borrow that book. I have been wanting to read it. You should sign Brody up for T-Ball, I just signed up Jackson for the Fall. It is starting all over again, I remember your mom being our first coach.

Hess Fam said...

Fun month. I like when you do the whole month in a post. Great recap. I am so not a reader. Probably haven't read a book since high school...and did I even then? I have finally broken down and picked up 'These is My Words' and my next is Twilight. Both I've heard total raves about. We'll see how I do.

Leah Fitts said...

jill!!! you are so stinkin cute.yes i will tell justin that you love the carpet and thanks so much for spreading the good word.i missed you at bunko!!!! you have to give me pointers fro nyc still. oh justin also said that your kids were the cutest things he had ever seen.

the waites said...

I love that were on at the same time... We come next Fri so get ready to Partay!!!ARE YOU WATCHING SYTYCD

amberbuck said...

Okay, the third twilight book comes out Tuesday and let me tell you, I was the same way, neglected my home and family for 2 days while I read the first two. 3 words: I love Edward.

Suzy Cummard said...

Some of my sisters have totally wanted that job at GAP! As long as it wasn't too many hours, it would be perfect. You & Vanessa are so lucky.

Chelsea said...

Because of your recommendation, along with many others...I have joined the bandwagon on the book reading. I loved it!! I am so jealous you got rid of Sadie's pacifier. I hang my head low and admit that Carter STILL is addicted along with Cash too. Cash I don't care...but a 2 1/2 half year old?! He is starting to get major buck teeth. Oh well. Again...hanging my head really low...I sucked my thumb till I was 9 so 2 1/2 with a pacifier I guess isn't that bad! :) See ya!