Thursday, September 11, 2008

An update from us

Last night I went to dinner with some Friends and they told me that my blog was boring. Well, I already knew that but I am going to try harder to spice it up and post more often.

Noah has started another semester at ASU. He should graduate this December if all goes as planned...we are crossing our fingers! I don't know how he goes to work full time has 3 classes and a lab and still puts 100% of himself into our family without one single complaint. He is such a hard worker and I love him for it. Noah just got the iPhone and loves it. That thing is way too advanced for me and I would never take the time to figure it out.
I am still as busy as ever with 3 kids in my life now. Between taking and picking up kids from school, feeding kids, playing with kids, clean up after kids, church calling, trying to get to the gym, and hanging out with Noah, it doesn't leave much time for anything else. But I know everyone else with three kids have survived just fine and so will I. I still have not finished Breaking Dawn! I can't stand that I can't finish it. I can't really get into it like the first three. It's definitely not my favorite of the four. My piano has for sure been on the back burner these days, but I plan to start back up soon. My friend Janel has challenged me to do the Irongirl (10 mile run) with her in December. I really want to do it but also cringe at the thought of running 10 miles. We will see.
Brody is getting too smart too fast! He is loving kindersteps. They had Grandparents day last week and he was lucky enough to have 4 Grandparents show up! Grandma and Grandpa Tyler, Grandma Arnett and Grandma Doane. He is learning to read small words, he loves to do adding and subtracting and just learned to tie his shoes! (I know..I'm totally bragging!) Brody had to have a root canal last week. Unfortunately is was a tooth that won't come out for 6 or 7 years so they couldn't just pull it out. He did great and it hasn't bothered him since! I took a pic of him after and he could only do a half smile because he was still numb. I thought it was hilarious!


Sadie is still loving pre-school. Her favorite thing to do at school is paint. She started dance last week with Brittney Smith. She loves it and looks so dang cute in her leotard. Sadie and I have finally had a break through with her potty training. I was trying everything and anything to get her to not pee and poo her underwear every single day and we have finally found it! I put the timer on for 20 min. and she has to go to the bathroom every time it goes off. She thinks it's so fun and actually goes about every 20 min.! The girl has the smallest bladder ever. We all win with this method!


Ronan continues to get cuter and cuter! He will be 5 months on the 17th. We love him so much. He is rolling all over the place now. He poped out 2 teeth a couple of weeks ago and they are so sharp...let me tell you! We have taken him swimming a few times the past few weeks and he absolutly loves the water. When he is in the bath he is all smiles the whole time. I gave him rice cereal for the first time yesterday and he did ok. It will take some getting used to. He might of swallowed a 10th of what I gave him. He was a mess!

Have a great weekend! We will be spending ours up North, camping with Noah's family. I can't wait!

Also...Noah and I have finally decided to do the Halloween party again this year! It's going to be the best yet, so start thinking up a good costume now!!

17 comments:

Hess Fam said...

What a fun update! I am in LOVE with Sadie's Leotard! I can't believe Ronan has a teeth already? And I can't believe Brody has already had to get a root canal. OUCH! I come to town next week and hope I get to see you!

See it Try it Love it said...

Wow that was a great update. Way to go Brody for tying his shoes I haven't even attempted to teach J, probably since he doesn't have any shoes with laces. I can't believe Ronan is 5 months and that he has teeth, they grow WAY too fast. I love that Sadie is in dance, I can't wait for that stage.

Nicole said...

Yes! We've all missed your updates Jill! Brody is sooo smart, I love it! Sadie in that leotard is so yummy, I want to eat her up!!!! and ok, could Ronan be any more stinkin cute?? How is it fair that you have three of the cutest kids on the planet?? You are so blessed! I can't wait for your Halloween I better not have any FREAK accidents this year!

S and K said...

Well I have to say, that was a great post. And yes you have one BUSY life. Your kids are just too cute, so there's nothing more to say there! and Halloween party!!! WAHOOOO....still can't make up my mind on mine, but since I get to come to yours (finger crossed!;)) I might just call that good. Can't wait to hangout next week----that's seriously if you have a spare minute, but I'll take what I can get. Hope camping is fun.

Flaherty Fam said...

Your are one busy lady. Brody is such a little stud and Sadie looks so cute in her dance outfit. I can't believe Ronan is already 5 months old. It goes way too fast, but I do love watching every fun little thing they do or learn as they get older.

Amy F. said...

Good job on spicin' it up ;) -Your blog's not boring, but I loved the update!
Go Noah, on graduating, etc. He works so hard! Oh, and I love my iphone (and I don't like techno stuff).
I was wondering what was up with Brody's pic. He looks so funny! He's so brave. I bet he didn't even mind going "under". And you're not bragging, because Brody loves learning so he's gonna be smart!
I'm so glad to hear that is working with Sadie. And what a trooper you are to have to watch the clock like that to make sure she is going. I guess it is better than having to clean up...
And my little Ronan! Dax's partner in crime. What a big boy, eating cereal. I can't wait to take them swimming together. Dax loves the water too.
And you little missy. You work so hard! I'm so impressed by all you do. I'm glad to see you guys got a little mini-vacation this weekend.
I am so totally in for Halloween this year. (I think we're going to be like a 60's theme -I saw this "Ken Doll" costume that would be hilarious on Shawn!) Can't wait!!

Krystal Arnett said...

I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever. I love the post and Sadie looks so cute in her dance clothes. I am glad you found a good potty training technique. Ronan is so stinkin cute I love it and your blog is not boring compared to mine. I can't believe its almost Halloween again. I feel like we just went to the annual Tyler Halloween pary; we better start brainstorming.

Burwell's Bits said...

You are amazing. Noah too. It is so great that he is finishing school. It is so worth it. The kids are growing too fast. Do they not know to slow down for us? Hurray for Sadie on the potty!!! Can she teach Riley to poop for me?

Abby Runyan said...

Ok, if you blog is boring mine most be the worst. I always love your blog and think you do a great job. Yeah for Noah!!! He is almost done, that so cool. We really need to get together, Meg comes this week so lets make sure to do something. Loved the update!

the waites said...

Someday We will be able to make your Halloween Ball! I love your updates, I need to write more. I think you should definately do the iron man! I convinced my sisters to come out in November to do a 1/2 marathon in San Diego. Im coming home in Oct. for my cousins wedding and would love to see you.

Cam and Mele said...

haha I get told all the time that I suck at blogging, and so I finally decided I would be better too. Glad to know there's others out there who have "boring" blogs too;) Great update though!
Thank you for the congrats. We can't wait, we get our first ultrasound tomorrow!!! I'm finally past the sick stage, but I can't complain too bad about it, there's definitely girls that have or had it way worse than me!

Amber said...

I love looking at your blog!! Now mine on the otherhand, SUPER BORING!!! I wish I had more time to sit down and do this!

Love the update! You guys are such an awesome family!! Love reading about all the things you have been up to!

And yes, we totally need to do a lunch date soon with all the babies on the street!!

☂niki. said...

you guys are the cutest family! really! every single one of you. you and noah have such an admirable relationship and your kids are so good together. they hardly ever fight! i would know...i've spent an entire week with you guys! we love you guys so much and are so greatful for your friendship!

i don't think your blog is boring!

and i think i just got the best news ever!!!! i'm so excited for the halloween party! you guys throw the best parties! our goal will be to actually make it on time this year!

amberbuck said...

Oh sista, I feel the business of 3 kids and a hubby. I can't even begin to think about potty training Lucas and I'm praying that Violet doesn't get teeth too soon. Ronan is so dang cute!

Lindsay Jones said...

I am shocked to hear that you haven't finished your book, was that the one you started at the beach? Oh the beach, why can't we just live there?! We sure have a great time with you guys! We should do it more often! Lets have a game night!

Maddy said...

I love your blog -- it's not boring. You always make me laugh.

I am stressed about the Halloween costumes after hearing all your unique ideas.

I love your kids -- they are so fun and cute. You guys are doing such a great job staying relaxed and calm with all the craziness of life. I am so jealous!

Brenda Janda said...

Your family is just to adorable Jill. Thanks for the update. We love your family. Mitch was a little jealous over the i-phone. Memories of his stolen one. LOL Thanks for sharing.