Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Felty


My friend Rachel posted about this cute little guy a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was so cute. My friend Casey picked one up for me and let me tell you...it is our new favorite thing about Christmas!! The kids love it and it really does make them act nicer knowing there is a real Elf watching their every move.
But let me tell you, you have to be on top of it with moving him every night. The first night we got him out the box we totally forgot to move him to a new place! We had to make up a little story on why he didn't move yet.
Go to this website to learn all about the Elf on the Shelf and where to buy them.
You get to give your Elf a name of your choice...my kids picked Felty.

13 comments:

Brenda Janda said...

That elf is way cute. Growing up we had one on the shelf and whenever it fell my Mom said someone was doing something naughty. I loved it. Let me know where to get one. Please

Cara said...

You know Zach and I have alos looked into U of U for Law school as well! After being up in SLC for those few days we have already fallen in love with the weather, abundance of trees, the quaint houses and the list goes on. We'll see! Good for Noah though wanting to go to Law school!

Kat said...

How funny cause my mom has an elf with a green felt suit that sits on our mantle at home... ever since I can remember :)

Flaherty Fam said...

That is such a fun tradition and great idea. I love the name your kids picked out...so funny!

the waites said...

Im so jealous! Myles doesnt quite get it yet but Im glad yours do. Isn't such a fun tradition!!

Im coming home soon so we will have to do dinner:)

Hess Fam said...

I'm so glad you tried this and it has been fun. I think it's something we should try maybe starting next year?

Casey said...

Aah yes, Felty. Ya know he is really wearing a lot of felt. Twice we have forgotten to move our elf "chris", you do have to bring your A-game. Love it!!

Maddy said...

Casey just posted about this too. I WANT ONE!!!

Amber said...

I love it! What a great family tradition...I ran down to Hallmark yesterday, but they are out until Friday :(...Thanks for sharing such an awesome tradition.

Rogers said...

It was so good to see you at the ward party. Cute blog! Love the Elf idea. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

My name is Chelsea Schneider, and I'm a reporter with The Arizona Republic working on a story about moms who blog. I'd really love to interview you about your blog. Please give me a call if you'd like: 602-444-7907. Thanks again!

Larson's said...

We were just talking about the elfs in Preschool. Now I know what Sadie and Brady were talking about when they asked "where is your elf?" Brady told me his was on his book shelf today. I had to tell them my elf hides in my christmas tree and doesn't like to be seen. Cute idea!

Krystal Arnett said...

ha ha love mini, I can't wait to create mine