Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The latest...


That face! I could just eat him. Ronan is now 10 months old. I really can't believe it. Time has flown by. With the other two I could not wait for them to get older but I just want him to stay the baby. He started taking steps a couple weeks ago and now is walking from couch to couch. He gets the biggest grin on his face when he starts walking. I can't believe I need to start thinking about him turning 1!



Noah turned 29 on January 27th. We went to Joe's BBQ with Noah's family and my parents for his FREE dinner. You really can't beat Joe's. Then came home to a cute cake in a jar from our home teacher. We sang happy B-day and that was about it. Nothing too big but he knew he was loved.
Sadie had a cute Valentine party at her pre-school. They sang a song for all the Mom's and then gave us carnations. She had been singing the song at home for weeks but when it came time to sing at school all she cared about was the sucker she was eating. Oh well.

I made these cute valentines for the kids to take to school. Thanks to my creative friend Kanoe, I copied what she did last year.


I saw this cute locker idea to put your Valentine's in from a magazine. Brody and I tried to copy it but it just didn't turn out as cute as the picture. Of course.



Noah just got his first letter back from a Law School and he got in!! It is Thomas Jefferson in California. He is still waiting on several other letters so it will still be awhile until we decide where to go. We both were so excited. I'm so proud of him!

Me? Not a lot going on with me, but I did get released from the Primary Presidency and put into Activity Days. Seriously, it's the best job in the ward! The girls love everything you do and you only have to do an activity everyother week. I'm loving it.

And that's about it from US.



19 comments:

Brenda Janda said...

Ok, awesome post.
Congrats Noah.
Ronan is the cutest ever. Love that kid.
The valentines were cute. What did the note say?

See it Try it Love it said...

Sounds like you guys are GREAT! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever, Love the valentines and the cute locker. So far all of J's teachers have them make them at school, luckily since I am not that creative. Go Noah! Tell him Congrats. I hope you go no further than Cali.

☂niki. said...

you guys are the best!

congrats on the acceptance letter. i'm sure he'll get accepted from every single place he applied.

we're gonna miss you:(

Amber Miskin said...

Jill, that's great about Noah. Jon was telling me he was going to law school. When will he be starting?

I don't think I ever told you but your kids are absolutely adorable! Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the excitement of acceptance letters!! I cried when Ryan got accepted to Wisconsin. Come on, it's a tundra! Cali. sounds nice. I'm an Activity Day leader, too, and love it. We'll have swap ideas some time. Ronan is adorable!

Cara said...

Oh how exciting you guys received your first Law school acceptance letter, did you know that Brooke got accepted to the same school? Where else has Noah applied to? I think you said Univ of Utah. Can't wait to see where you are going!
I love the pic of Ronan peeking above the side table.

megan allen said...

Wow Jill, congrats to your hubby! It's Megan Allen here. You are so crafty, those projects turned out so cute.

Krystal Arnett said...

I could just eat that kid up, love the swing pic. Woo hoo for Noah, I am praying he doesn't get in anywhere else so you guys don't move far away :) I can't believe how big are kids are getting.

Brooke D said...

That's the same school I got into :) I'm most likely going there, but still have some other schools I'm waiting to hear back from. But that would be awesome if you guys were there with me!! Congrats!

Maddy said...

I love Ronan

CONGRATS Noah!!!! If you move to Cali at least we can see you more often.

And your V-day stuff was so cute!

Brittney Smith said...

Congratulations to Noah!! He would be a great lawyer. I feel the same about Denim, my other two kids I was rushing for them to get bigger, but am sad that Denim is already 8 mo. Ronan is so cute. Looks just like a Tyler!

Amy F. said...

Good update. Even seeing you all the time, I'm still not totally in the loop ;) So I love reading about it.

Flaherty Fam said...

Wow, I can't believe Ronan is 10 months already and walking. Congrats on Noah being accepted...that's so exciting!!

Amber said...

Yay for Noah! That is just awesome news! I am loving the picture of Ronan too, totally put a smile on my face :). You are so darn creative! I love the valentines too that you made for the kids to take! What do they say? I may have to steal that ideal for next year..haha. Great update!

the waites said...

Were going-going back- back to CALI
CALI!

Wahoo! Fun update! Did you know VAlentines is my most favorite Holiday

Kat said...

I love you guys. period. I so miss you! I hope everything is going well, and that the accpetance letters keep coming in, esp for you know where! I'm keeping my fingers crossed, saying my prayers, and trying to be a good girl so it will happen :) Not sure when I'll be down next, prob in a few weeks. I'll for sure call you- we will for sure do something! I'm sad not to see you and sit with you anymore! :(

Cam and Mele said...

congrats to Noah! Thanks for the update! I think the locker turned out WAY cute!

Thanks again for that coupon, I got some good stuff for Sweet Pea:D

Brooke Colvin said...

JILL!!! I was so excited to find your blog and finally be able to get in touch with you. I seem to remember giving someone my email address like forever ago and not hearing back...

Anyway, it sounds like your family is doing well. That is so exciting about law school! I am anxious to hear where you end up going. Can I just tell you how adorable your kids are? They are all so cute - and I love their names. I think about you often and every once in a while a memory of our crazy elementary and junior high days will pop in my head. Did we seriously dress up like Coneheads for Halloween?? OK, seriously, you need to send me an email this time! My blog is private so I need to invite you. You can email me at: bkcolvin@gmail.com. I will add you to my blog list - I'm so excited to keep in touch with you now :)

Anonymous said...

Hello! hows your new haircut? lets see a pic?