Sunday, June 7, 2009

Schooools out for the summer!

Name the movie that song is from.

So we are finally out of school! Yahoo! I love being on the modified year round school schedule but when everyone else has been out for 2 weeks it kills us! The kids both had an amazing school year and could not ask for better teachers. Sadie was in pre-school with Mrs. Becky and Brody was in pre-k with Mrs. Swanson. Sadie's teacher had a little graduation for them which was the cutes thing ever. My camera was out of batteries so when I get pics from my neighbor I'll post them. Then Brody had a fun program on his last day performing a bunch of songs they had learned. They even did a song while signing the entire alphabet! Brody did so good and I can't believe how quick he learned the alphabet in sign language. We will soooo miss these two teachers next year. We made them a cute little summer treat basket for thank you gifts.
















Brody and his best friend in the whole world...Bailey. I don't know what these two are going to do without each other next school year...:(







If you look closely you can see a not so fun incident Sadie got into which is a post in itself.





We also just finished swim lessons so our Summer is looking wide open! Just the way I like it. Sadie has done so good in swim lessons. She started out screaming the whole time and only wanting floaties but now can swim the whole width of the pool and is learning the breath stroke! So proud of her.

9 comments:

Amber said...

I was so going to use that title for my post! haha.

The kids look great! I love the year round system too, but agree it is really hard when there are alot of friends and family already out for a couple weeks!

Yay for Sadie on her big swimming accomplishment! She needs to teach Caden how to swim...He is so not a water boy at all.

Brody! The Alphabet in sign language!! That is AWESOME!

You guys all look great! I cannot believe that everyone is moving :(

the cummard family said...

the baskets turned out great jill. i'm sure the teachers loved them, as did my kids teachers. they both cried when they gave them to them. which then made me cry...which then confused my kids. lol. call me when you're back from VA and we can do the pool @ ltf. i'm anxious!

Amy F. said...

Yay, school is out! I know you'll still be busy as ever, but its probably nice not to have to drive kids as much (or is summer even busier?? ;)
Good job Sadie! I'm seriously impressed. That takes a lot of courage to swim like that.
And good job Brody on the sign language. I want him to teach me!
We miss you guys already! Have fun this week, and we'll get together next week for sure!

☂niki. said...

did sadie lady give herself her own haircut?? she is so cute!

are we hanging out this weekend?

we miss you guys!

Flaherty Fam said...

I love summers too. I seriously can't believe how big your kids have gotten. I also love your cute gift baskets for their teachers...so crafty and cute!

Brooke Colvin said...

Yay for summer! I find myself enjoying the summers more now that my kids are getting a little older? Do you feel the same way? Without kids, it's just too hot, but they find a way to enjoy everything so it makes it fun.

Your family is so cute Jill! We need to figure out a time/place we can get together before you guys move. That would be fun :)

Chelsea said...

Cutest family pic! So what did Sadie do?? My guess too, was a hair cut. But if that is what it is..she still is way too cute!!

MonicaMae17 said...

Jill you are so cute! I can't believe how big your kids are too. You are such a good mom :)

Maddy said...

Your gifts truned out so super cute. I still haven't gotten around to Becky's gift -- I stink!

And Sadie looks awesome swimming. Congrats to Brody and Sadie!!!