Monday, June 15, 2009

A glimpse into the next three years...

So after about 5 hours of traveling and a layover we finally made it to Virginia. I hate flying. I always have. My ears kill me every time and I get so nauseous when we start the descend but I made it through and was so excited to see what V.B. was all about! Let me just say, I learned the true meaning of the color GREEN! The place is amazing. Every where you look there is a forest or gigantic tree or lake or a river running right through a neighborhood. It's crazy!

So our mission for the trip was to find a house to rent. The first day we spent driving around on our own looking at different houses that had been emailed to us. We were a little discouraged because every neighborhood looked really dumpy and nobody uses a garage so the streets are lined with a million cars. But we were still hopeful. The next day we met with a realtor. I can't tell you how blessed we were to get hooked up with this realtor. He has been doing realstate for 30 years, member of the church (which is not common around there) and knew every house and neighborhood in V.B. He kindly drove us around for 3 hours and we found some neighborhoods that we fell in love with. Their was one house we loved but wanted to make sure their wasn't something else better. So the next day we met with the realtor again he showed a few more houses and then went back to the "one" and still loved it so we said "we'll take it"! We got to the Remax office to start the credit application, got it filled out and went to pay the lady, when the realtor came out and said there is another couple in the other room already pulling their credit on this house and everything checks out good so since they were here 15 min. before we have to give it to them. What?!! Are you kidding me?! Talk about the biggest let down. Meanwhile our plane was leaving in an hour so there was nothing we could do. I was so sad. And then to top it off, on the way home, Noah and I didn't get to sit together so I had to just sit there by myself being mad at everyone!
But, at least we know where we want to be and not want to be. We totally know the area good (since we literally drove around for 2 1/2 days straight) so we feel like we can just find something online now. We are keeping our fingers crossed!
We were able to do a little tour of Noah's school. So fun! Doesn't it look cool? Kind of makes me want to go to school...but not really.

We made a quick stop at the Beach. Like 15 minutes away...ya can't wait!

There was this little area where kids can play and build sand castles. I loved it!

This is a RVCA shirt not a VA (Virginia) shirt. I thought is was funny he had it on.

And here is the cute house we tried to get. How fun huh? Ya, I was pretty sad.

The night we got back, Brody threw up and started having a really bad asthma attack. I took him to the Dr. the next day and his oxygen level was really low. So they put him on an oral steroid and will start an inhaler for at least the next year. Not too fun for a five year old boy.

I had to throw this one in. How cute is he? I now have pics of all three kids asleep in the high chair. I mean, who could ever fall asleep while eating?!

16 comments:

Janel said...

I was seriously just getting ready to call you to find out how it went! Bummer that you didn't get "the one" but you will find something just as great I'm sure. I'm am so jealous about the beach!! I'm going toh ave to come and visit, it seems so fun there!

Chelsea said...

How fun to start a new adventure in life. Bummer about the house. Good luck finding the right one!

As for the pukes and asthma...I'm totally wanting to know the correlation too!! I was glad to know last week after your message that we aren't the only ones who have that weird connection with the two. Hope he is doing better. I am jealous he gets to go to an inhaler. We still have to do pulmicort 2 times a day, and albuterol as needed. I feel like we live with our breathing machine. I am actually trying to figure out what we are doing this summer when we go to ca, az, and utah. Do I really have to lug this thing around? Boo!

Amber Miskin said...

I've heard VB is great! I have a few friends from there from the mish and they really loved it! I'm sure everything will work out...and as for falling asleep eating. Jon did several times and Caleb has once. It's sooo cute when they do that isn't it?

Amy F. said...

Wow! Thanks for posting about your trip. I couldn't wait to hear about it. Okay, that does stink about that house. I hope it all works out. VA sounds awesome! We'll totally have to come visit you ;) You get to live by the beach! So cool.
Okay, POOR Brody! That sounds terrible!! Is he pretty traumatized?! Give him a big hug from us!! Poor guy.
And all 3 kids falling alseep in their high chair? That IS classic. Good sleepers, eh? Yeah.
Glad you had a fun trip!

Larson's said...

How beautiful, what it would be like actually live in a place that green. You will find something. Or maybe you should just stay here. Just kidding. I think I might come visit just to go to that beach. Your kids are going to love it!

☂niki. said...

how fun. but sad at the same time.

boyd is on a camp out until thursday...

can you guys go out thurs night?

Brooke Colvin said...

What a bummer about the house! Hopefully something else (even better :) will come up soon. That is one nice thing about living in AZ - you appreciate seeing green everywhere else in the country! Good luck with house hunting!

Anonymous said...

It looks so fun and pretty in Virginia!! What an exciting adventure. Good luck with the house hunting. Always a stressful thing to do states away. I'm jealous that you will be living so close to a beach. How fun is that! Love the highchair pic.

Kat said...

How exciting and awful at the same time... moving and finding a new place - phew! Seriously, it is so green everywhere else! Even Utah felt green again after being in AZ! I'm excited for you guys!

Hess Fam said...

Looks BEAUTIFUL! Oh I can't wait for your adventure. You are going to love it, I'm sure!

Maddy said...

I'm getting so excited for you guys. I'm going to miss you, but it will be so fun to read about your new life!!! The school looks gorgeous. Hopefully we'll get to visit you while you're out there! Cannot wait!!

Abby Runyan said...

So,So,SO excited for you guys. Makes me miss New York. Your going to love it. Can't wait to see the place you end up getting. We got ours online too and ending up being great. We have to go out again, before you go!

Brenda Janda said...

Sad for us. I am so glad that you are feeling good about it and that it was a semi successful trip. That makes it easier. Love the beach picture and the sleeping kids. Poor Brody, hope he is feeling better. We will pray for you on finding the perfect house.
I would love to be close to the beach.

SunGood said...

Oh man! I still can't believe you are really leaving! What a fun adventure for you guys though! I'm so sorry I never text you back! I am so BUMMED we had to miss out on all the fun! I was actually sick and was laid up not able to do anything!! And as usual had to miss out on all the fun! Please lets get together before you leave!!!

Flaherty Fam said...

Wow, VA looks so fun! I'm sad for you that you didn't get the house you wanted...bummer! Good luck finding an even better one, though.

S and K said...

So I think reading that story might have been worse than hearing it!!! It breaks my heart....but I know you are going to find a better more perfect house! One with a cozy little guest room for visitors!! :) Poor little Brody! And HOW oh HOW have all of your kids fallen asleep in a highchair?? That is just amazing and adorable. Any-who I'll see ya tomorrow!