Saturday, July 31, 2010

Survived 2 car trips cross country..

We did it! We made it all the way to Arizona (40 hours) without killing each other. I thought it would be a disaster but it was actually super fun! It was the first time for our family to drive cross country (maybe the last) and we made the best of it.

My Mom sent a fun travel package to the kids and they couldn't open it until we left. They thought it was the funnest thing...it was like Christmas for them. She made them all pillowcases for their pillows, fun books, travel bingo, hangman, a license plate game, it was perfect!

The kids got to either have the laptop, the dvd player, or Noah's phone. They usually fought over Noah's phone.

We packed food for breakfast and lunches to make it cheaper. We may have looked a little W.T. at times! But the kids loved every minute of it.



We picked up this homeless boy...he was too cute to pass up.

We made it to Arizona in 2 1/2 days!! We only got a hotel one night...we were too excited to stay the night the last night so we drove till we got there at 2am! We were all exhausted but happy to be home..er in Arizona.

Much more to come from our trip!!

6 comments:

Mamacita said...

Glad you made it back safely. Sooo good to see you! You and your kids are such troopers for making the long journey twice. See you soon!

Katrina said...

Oh...this was a much needed update! I miss you guys so much and am so sad that we missed each other by only a few days. I wish that we could just grab the kids...Harris Teeter subs and head to the park. I CAN NOT wait for more!!!!!

Natalie said...

I know exactly what you mean by looking a little W.T. at times. I think it is just part of the journey.... there were times I was so embarassed walking in to mcdonalds in our pjs at 2 in the afternoon. Little did anybody know that we had been driving ALL NIGHT LONG!

Glad you made it and I told you it was fun. Can't wait to make our journey back and see you guys again. AND we will go to harris teeter and grab subs and hit the park!

Maddy said...

WAAAAAH! Miss you already. Sadie wanted to know if Sadie Tyler could come over and play today. There were MANY waterworks when I explained you were back in VA. She thought you had moved back :( It didn't help that she's sick so she's got the weird sick/paranoia thing going on.

Can't wait for next summer!

Brooke Colvin said...

Jill, it was so fun to see you and swim with you and your kiddos!! I'm so sorry you didn't get Ronan's shoes! I left them outside for a few days, but then we left out of town for a week and I put them back in the house. I can mail them to you if you want. Just let me know :)

Kat said...

Wow you guys are brave :) Not sure I woulda done it, but hey you do what you need to in order to see family huh! I would have loved runnning into you along the way lol! I look more WT just driving to another state let alone across the country! I'm so glad you were able to be there and see everyone!