Monday, August 2, 2010

Woods Canyon Lake

Probably the main thing my family is known for is our love for camping. When we were in AZ a camping trip was a must for us! And if you know my Dad, you know that you eat better while camping than you do at home. My Mom and Dad both make camping so much fun! My brother Justin who lives in California with his family didn't get to make it but my other two brothers and their families were there, along with my G-ma, my uncle and his family and my SIL Krystal's parents...who are like family.

The little boys played with their trucks...

Noah was a pyro and had that fire going even in the rain!


Took much needed naps...along with chocolate drool.

My Mom is famous for her scavenger hunts. The kids look forward to it every camping trip. Every treasure they come to she has fun things like bug catchers, candy, balloon launchers, squirt guns and treats waiting for them.


Played on the Rhino...and begged for someone to take them on rides.


See this BBQ trailer? This is what I'm talking about when I say we eat better than at home. My Dad made this trailer so he can cook for big groups while camping. It was so fun!
Uncle Linn, Brother Jason and his wife Krystal.


Played games, ate junk food galore, lounged around, laughed at the kids, told stories and just enjoyed being lazy and out of the 115 degrees!

On the last night, it started raining...HARD!! We were all stuck under the "Headquarters" as we like to call it, so my Mom made ponchos out of trash bags and we all made a mad dash to our tents and trailers! It was quite comical.
Thx again Mom and Dad...can't wait to do it again next summer!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post Jill! I still feel bad that we didn't get to do some of the kids crafts because of the rain. And yes...DEFINATELY again next summer!!!

Flaherty Fam said...

Wow, you guys are brave souls driving cross country with three little ones. I remember doing that with my parents when we were kids, but Utah is as far as I have had the courage to travel in the car with my kids. Your mom is so cute for sending those cute travel paks. Your camping trip also looked way fun...right up Brett's alley. Did your trip make you excited to go "home" or miss AZ even more?

Katrina said...

Now that's what I call campin'! How fun!!!! What would we do without our families?? Miss you!

Kat said...

You weren't kidding about a good camping trip! Looks like so much fun. I love it when people know how to make a vacation amazing. And kudos to your mom for doing such cute things with the kids

sara said...

Jill-

It is fun to see your blog- and catch up w/ the Tyler's! Cute, cute family.

-Woods Canyon Lake is a great area! You guys prob. got all the rain we were getting here...
-Um- no joke about the food. I can't get over the BBQ!! Wha! -Sweet!
-Your mom seems like the best nana.
-I love, love, love Sadie's hair in the car.
-2 1/2 days on the road- amazing.
-Virginia Beach looks delightful.