Monday, June 20, 2011

dance

Last week Sadie had her dance recital at the Norfolk Scope. If you know VA, you know the scope is big and downtown which was intimidating to me, but we made it through the dress rehearsals and Sadie did great in the recital. They danced to the song "9 to 5" which was ADORABLE!! They wore fake secretary glasses (which Sadie didn't like to wear) and carried little secretary notebooks.  So so cute!



I stressed about doing her hair for weeks!  Her hair does not hold a curl worth a darn, so I gave sponge curlers a go.  BAD idea!! Her hair was basically straight when I took them out, so I went back to the curling iron and prayed the curls would stay. It was OK, but definitely  need to come up with a better solution next time.
This video is awful, (we were not supposed to video or take pictures at the recital, but I had to get some footage for the fam to see!)
Sadie is 2nd from the left.

5 comments:

emmielou said...

go buy some hot sticks at walmart and give those a try, I hear they curl really good.

Maddy said...

HOly cow, I barely recognized Sadie and your hair is so long!! I can't believe her hair was stick straight after a night in sponge curlers. My girls look like circus clowns!

We can't wait to see you guys. Only a few weeks now! EEK!

Hess Fam said...

She is so cute!!! May I suggest to you this... http://meganhess.blogspot.com/2011/04/c2.html
Or maybe she'll hate you like my daughter did!!

Cara said...

I bet the part she liked best was wearing make-up. Cute cute girl!

Amy F. said...

Super cute!!! And her hair is darling! (Last I checked, isn't it super humid there? lol)
What a cute dance and outfit!