Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Evidence

Here is my evidence that I actually ran a 1/2 marathon. Never in my wildest dreams would I think I could run a 1/2 marathon, but I did and I am so dang proud of it. I didn't get the greatest time or do it without walking (which was my goal) but I finished and that's all that matters. I actually want to do another one...we'll see. The course was great! We ran through Schneph farms and through some other farming fields. I loved the change of not having to run on the side of the road. We got off to a bit of a bad start. We were just pulling in when Ryan Abbot called and said "they just started the race!" So we had to run to the starting line, get our numbers on and work our way through all the 10kers who were about to start. So we started about 5 or 6 min. late. Then to top it off, at about mile 3 I went to turn on my Ipod and it froze up!! I remembered there was a way to start it back up but I couldn't remember how to do it. I was so frustrated I wanted to throw the dang thing in a ditch...but I didn't. Good thing I had Katherine to talk to along the way! All along the way they had pictures of London and other kids who are battling cancer. My nephew Troy was one of them. The first picture I came to with his picture I totally started tearing up! It totally made me want to try harder because you knew all the pain these kids have gone through. It was just amazing. Before the race Noah told me he would wait for me towards the end and I told him No! But of course there he was, waiting for me to cross that finish line with him. It was so great to see him and all the others waiting for us at the finish line. Go team TROY!!
My running partner Katherine, and I. We are shedding some of our layers here.

Noah coming in for a water. Nice water stance Heidi!



Making it into the finish line

Awh...it's over!

We did it all for you Troy!


Gettin a much needed massage after the race by Ian. Noah was keeping his eye on him.

18 comments:

Amber said...

Jill you ROCK!!!

☂niki. said...

This makes me teary. What an amazing thing to be a part of. Way to finish!

Brenda Janda said...

Awesome job!!!

Mamacita said...

So proud! You're my idol.

Suzy Cummard said...

You worded it perfectly!
So proud of you, too JILL!!!

YAHOOOOOOO!!! It's over.

Janel said...

That does look so super fun! Well mabye except the running part! LOL j/k....I can't wait till I finally get my chance to do it. Next time it will be tip top priority and I will be there for sure!

Cecily said...

That is WAY awesome!! Your my hero!

the waites said...

YOu did it!!!! Your knee I take it was ok?? I had that happen to my ipod running the turkey trot one year...the worst!

way to go Noah :)

Cory♥Jessica said...

That is so awesome!! A 1/2 marathon is serious business and you guys totally did it! Congrats!

S and K said...

So this totally made me teary and so proud of you for doing it!!! What a great cause!!! I love the massage pic---that made me laugh. Laughing and crying all in one post..you've got to stop! :) Let's get together next week for lunch. I don't like when we take weeks off.

Krystal Arnett said...

Yeah, I am so proud of you guys. I really wish I would have done it. I feel like such a slacker and a little selfish for not supporting something that should mean so much to me.

Kat said...

Yea girl!! You did so well, I'm so glad we did it together... you helped me so much! I couldn't have done it without you!! Hope you guys are feeling better over there, stupid colds!

Hess Fam said...

oh i really have tears just reading this. i love the cause. i love that you did it! i love that you were dressed for a blizzard!
Way to go JILL!!!!

Abby Runyan said...

I totally teared up reading this. I wish I would have done it, I totally forgot and hadn't ran in over 3 months, I'm so going to do it next year. Your amazing.

Amy F. said...

I love it!! Troy is blessed to have so much love and support, as well as all the other people the race supports!
I'm so proud of you guys, and you did it together! It does kind of stink about your ipod, for real.
Good job Tyler fam!!

Flaherty Fam said...

WAY TO GO GIRL! I am so excited that you did it and are still alive to tell about it. It is an amazing run and I'm so glad we have gone out there to help support the great cause.

Chelsea said...

You girls (and Noah :))are so awesome! Way to go!! That stinks about your ipod. Mine freezes all the time too. The apple guy showed me to hold the circle and the menu button together for a few seconds and it will unfreeze. Or maybe it's the circle and the play button. One of the two :)

Maddy said...

CONGRATS! I'm so bummed I couldn't run it with you guys. You amaze me.