Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our Easter week

Our Easter week started out with Activity day girls. I can't tell you how much I love this calling! And have the best group of girls. We did a little activity where we went through and talked about each day leading up to the Crucifixion. I think their favorite part was washing each others feet!
We ended with talking about Jesus getting resurrected. I made these cool and delicious "tomb" rolls....get it? If you can't tell, they are hollow inside!

Wendsay was Sadie's pre-school Easter party. They had fun finding eggs and got the cutest things from their cutest teacher. Thx Becky!

Friday we decorated eggs with my brothers and their families. This was supposed to be a great night but turned really bad when Brody erased my WHOLE talk I was going to be giving on Sunday at church. Ya, it ruined my whole night and was so mad, but I guess I learned a great lesson of SAVING your work!
Saturday morning we had a little Easter egg hunt down at our park. It was freezing and raining but we all still had a great time. The best part was Sadie Rogers taking a bath in the huge puddles of water! Love that girl!
Sunday morning the kids found their baskets. They got new swimsuits and sandals for the summer!
In between re-writing my talk I made these little balls of cuteness. They turned out pretty cute and tasted even better! But...I will never make them again! Too much work.

Next we took a few pics in our Easter wear. I think the kids looked fantastic. And they loved being all matchy!







After church we had a fabulous dinner at my Mom's and another Egg hunt afterwards. My kids came home with enough candy that will last till next Easter!
It was great day in all and am so grateful to get that dang talk out of the way!!



15 comments:

Mamacita said...

Oh my gosh! Erasing your talk made for a stressfull weekend, I'm sure. You could not tell. You two were amazing! The kids looked adorable on Sunday. Where did you get Sadies dress, it was so old fashioned (in a good way)

Hess Fam said...

i'm proud of you giving a talk amongst the easter hustle and bustle.
i'm loving your new h.c.

amberbuck said...

I can't believe how big your little guy is getting! He looks just like you, all your kids looked fab in their easter get up and I'm sorry you had to give a talk on Easter Sunday, you go girl. How exciting to be moving to VA! It's beautiful there and you are so close to D.C. and New York and all those little states that will have tonz of stuff to do!

☂niki. said...

so fun. you guys are so cute! is your hair in a pony or did you cut it?! your little bunny bites are too cute. i think i need that recipe to those tomb rolls. those look delish!

Amber said...

I agree your kids do look fantastic in their Easter wear!

That really stinks about your talk getting erased off the computer, I am sure you still did great!

I love the Easter Bunny pops!

We are so bummed we missed the neighboorhood easter egg hunt. I did't get Maddy's email until late Friday night and by then it was too late. Kate mentioned something about it, but I just completely spaced it.

The tomb rolls are a neat ideal. My parents do something like that every year with the grandkiddies only it is with cookies. It is really neat. I would love the tomb roll recipe though.

Glad you guys had a wonderful Easter!

Brooke Colvin said...

What a gorgeous family you have! I love the Easter outfits and the little balls of cuteness you made. I'm sure your talk was great, and you looked beautiful! I love you hair Jill! Happy Easter!

Amanda C said...

Holy Cow! Erased talk? I would have given up for sure. And I can't believe that you made cake pops too. You are one crazy Lady. Cute kiddos... they are getting so big. Good luck with the move too!

Krystal Arnett said...

I witnessed how pissed you were at Brody; so pissed you wanted to drop kick him out the window..ha ha. They look so cute in their Easter outfits. I love the pic of you and Sadie, you look so perty!

Casey said...

I'm looking at these pictures thinking "wow, Ronan does look just like Jill!". I don't know why I didn't see it before but he looks a lot like you. Your talk was great, would have never known what mr. brody did.

Maddy said...

Your second version of the talk was amazing, so maybe they did you a favor ;p Your kids looked so cute and the Easter Egg hunt in the rain was so fun. Definitely a memory we'll always have -- especially next year when we'll be missing you.

You pops turned out adorable! Everything you do is always adorable. I'm sure the AD girls ADORE you.

Cara said...

Love the Easter outfits. Your kids are so cute, I am going to be so sad when you leave for Law school. Thank goodness for Blogs to keep in touch. I want that recipe for the tomb rolls...I love rolls and the Arnetts make the best rolls!

S and K said...

I can't imagine how mad you were after your talk was erased! I would have cried for days!!! I'm so glad that is over for you as well. And the kids look adorable in their Easter attire! And you are soooo stinkin' gorgeous in that picture you make me sick!!! :) And get out of here with all the cute things you have created....cake pops & those tomb rolls....STOP IT STOP IT RIGHT NOW...you make life seem so easy with 3 kids! I think I'm going to have to reconsider this friendship, because it gives me huge fits of jealousy!! :) JK I'll keep ya around cuz I like ya so dang much!

Flaherty Fam said...

Your kids looked so cute in their Easter outfits, I loved your adorable Easter treats and I can't believe you are moving to Virginia...so exciting!! What an awesome experience and adventure. We sure will miss you!

Nicole said...

I've never seen tomb rolls,, those are awsome! and ur kids in their eatser clothes, soooooo cute! and oh, my I can't believe u made the bunny cake pops, i saw those on the site and thought NO WAY! u are way too good!

Amy F. said...

Wo, how did I miss this post? How cute!! I so didn't even see it until now. Anyway, so cute! I love how those pops turned out. I'm going to go actually read the rest of it now ;)