Thursday, August 6, 2009

The past few days...

So not much going on the past couple of days. The kids and I get really bored everyday since we don't know anyone. We have been playing LOTS of games, reading books, and just playing together. We made it to the library today and that was a fun change. It's a great acivity that is FREE, so we all got library cards.It's been raining like crazy the past 24 hours! 3.63inches to be exact. Last night was one of the loudest thunderstorms I had ever heard. I get scared every time that my house is going to be struck by lightening. And so does Brody I guess. He was up all night scared of the thunder so I finally let him in bed with us.
Noah finished his first week of school. He loves it. And still wants to be a lawyer I guess. He said he made a comment yesterday and his teacher said it was the best answer he had heard all day! The homework has not been too bad but I'm sure it is coming.
Church this past Sun. was fabulous. I was so expecting to get there and hate it and see a bunch of oakie people but it was sooo normal! Everyone was so welcoming and so nice. We actually had two dinner invites that night but had to turn them down since my parents were still here and had to take them to the airport. So they invited us for next Sun. There were 2 other families who moved in the same week so it was nice to not be the only newbies.My Grandma and her sister Jean came to visit today! She is in South Carolina for a few weeks visiting family so she is going to made the 4 1/2 hour drive to come see us. I haven't seen my Great aunt Jean in a few years so it so fun to see her!
The other night at dinner Ronan got a little crazy with his spaghetti. I had to take a picture because it reminded me of that commercial with the Mom trying to pick a picture for her credit card and she picked the picture of her kid in the high chair that looked just like this.Here's to one week down in V.B.!

16 comments:

Brenda Janda said...

Love the pic of Ronan, what a tough, cute kid.
I love the family pic in front of the house. You all look great.
I am glad things are going well and everyone is nice.

Amber Miskin said...

Isn't it great moving in to a ward where you get dinner invites the first day? I'm sure you guys'll make friends in no time! By the way, you look very stylish in the pic with your red bead necklace at the table! :)

Abby Runyan said...

Of course you already have 2 dinner invites, they can spot an awesome family like the rest of us!!! I'm so glad you are liking it, I'm sure it will keep getting better. Keep the updates coming!!

Brooke Colvin said...

I'm so glad you are updating about V.B. and I'm so glad you had a good experience in your ward.

Your comment on my blog about shopping in Palm Springs was hilarious! Come to think of it, I guess we were kinda spoiled, huh? I would never drive that far just to go shopping for my kids! That's so funny that you still remember that! I have so many fun memories with you Jill. Can anyone say Coneheads? Good times.

Mamacita said...

Glad you made it through your first week. Sounds like you're finding stuff to stay busy.
Glad to hear you had two dinner invites...you guys are the best!

Love the spaghetti face! I've got that same pic of all 5 of my kiddos

Larson's said...

It sounds like things are going great! Your house looks so dang cute! We are missing you guys....Skylar especially has missed Noah. He was pretty sad those first couple of days you were gone. He really looks up to him. I hope things continue to go well for you!

the cummard family said...

i miss seeing you in tc! looks like so much fun tho jill! i would move in a heartbeat, if parker wasn't such a mama's boy!

Ann said...

You all look so great! And your house is darling! I'm sure you are putting the Jill touch on everything and making it home.

We are all missing you so much! Here's to a great 2nd week in VA!

Brittany Arnett said...

Jill - I'm so glad you guys are getting used to your new place. What a great adventure - hard but totally worth it. We'll miss you at all of the fast Sunday dinners.

S and K said...

Is it kinda sad that I don't like those 2 families because they get to hangout with you and we don't??? I'm SO not surprised that you already have people wanting to be your friend! They're lucky to have you guys! (Don't get too attatched though!) The thunderstorm sounds crazy, who knew. Do they normally have wild weather there?

the waites said...

How fun for you guys! I know these next couple of years will be a blast for your family. Theres something about being on your own, and depending so much on eachother. The house is adorable! I soooo miss the beach. Its free and entertains for hours. I give you 3 weeks before your YW president and Noah is in the Bishopric:)

Chelsea said...

Sooo great to know you are doing great so far! I'm going to sound like a copy cat...but really...not surprised that you guys had 2 dinner invites! I'm really happy for you!! Good luck!

Kat said...

It's so good to see a pic of you guys in front of your cute house! I'm glad you weren't the only new people in church. funny that we ended up having that round about connection too! enjoy sitting around because it won't last long. once the girls get to know you- they won't leave you alone ;)

Heather said...

Man, I almost got a little teary seeing your pics! I am still just so dang hormonal! I have been thinking about you guys lots and this is the first chance that I've had to visit anyone's blog for a long time! I'm so happy for you all and am so glad that church went good. I know how that can be, for sure! Love you guys!

Flaherty Fam said...

You guys look so cute all dressed for church in front of your cute house. Sounds like things are starting to look up there. It must be nice to have family there to help with the transition. Well, we will pray that some of our sunshine here will reach you guys!!

Maddy said...

It was so fun to see your house. It made me miss you guys so badly, though. Just seeing all your stuff in a new place and all. . . that's the good thing about Law School loans, I guess -- you'll have to move it all back to your house in here in a few years. It will be like you never left!!! So glad you guys are making so many friends.

We'll have to chat again soon. I told Casey the kids could come donw one day and see you guys too! Miss ya!