Thursday, November 12, 2009

This is a first for us...

Ever heard of the term Nor'Easter?? Well, we for sure had not until yesterday. A Nor'Easter is the crazy storm we have been dealing with the past two days. It has been raining cats and dogs for 48 hours!! With wind gusts up to 60 miles/hour! I woke up at 5:30 this morning to my phone ringing with a recording telling me Brody's school had been canceled due to the storm and flooded roads. Then to find out Noah's school was canceled too! Are you kidding me? Living in AZ, we never had school canceled, so this was pretty fun for us. We ventured out to the mall today but other than that we have been cooped up in the house for 2 days straight. We are going to go crazy real soon. Oh ya...and Brody's school is canceled tomorrow too!

Here is a few pics from the past 2 days.


Here in VA Beach, rain boots, rain jacket, and umbrellas are a necessity!

If you can't find Ronan..he is sure to be here. Catchin the rain out of the roof gutter.


Off to pre-school. It was crazy windy right here, so she was a little scared to walk to her teachers house.

We went to a neighbors house tonight and this is what happened to Brody's unbrella! We all almost got blown away...we were no match!

My sweet stud muffin turned 6 today!! He has had a great Birthday so far...and more to come! I'll recap his birthday after his party on Saturday.

Stay dry all you VA friends!!

11 comments:

Casey said...

Never heard of a nor'easter but definitely had a lot of "snow days" growing up in the midwest...so fun! We'd wake up and see the ground blanketed with fresh snow, then turn the radio on and wait to hear if our school was closed or not. Radio??? Definitely dating myself with that one! You and the kids look great Jill!

Brittney Smith said...

Wow! That is crazy. I cant believe his umbrella. Great pic. I love all the rain boots. I wish we could wear those here in AZ!

Maddy said...

You guys were the top story on the Today show yesterday and my sister called me last night to know if I had heard from you guys at all. Calling and checking in was on my to do list for the day. I'm so glad you guys are OK and looking awesome in your rain gear!!

See it Try it Love it said...

Sounds like a blast. For some weird reason I love crazy scary weather like that and wish it happened down here. Happy B-day to Brody can't believe the boys are 6. Finally updated my blog. Miss you tons.

Brooke Colvin said...

Wow - that is so crazy! Reminds me how boring it is here in AZ. I bet it is kinda fun to actually use rain boots and umbrellas for a change. Good luck with another no school day!

Cara said...

Send some of that rain our way in AZ!

GLAUSER WILLIAMS ORTHODONTICS: said...

how fun! i've never had a real opportunity to wear rain boots.

Cory♥Jessica said...

Im so jealous! I wish it would rain here!!

S and K said...

I can't believe it! Well at least you have super cute rain boots and one umbrella!;) (now anyways!) Enjoy the rain and good luck staying dry!

Flaherty Fam said...

Isn't it so fun to have school canceled? Well, I don't know how I'd feel about that now that I'm a mom, but as a kid it was the BEST!! We lived in Missouri a couple years when I was younger and I remember experiencing our first tornado warning. My whole family was so scared, but all the locals thought it was no big deal. Hopefully your crazy storms won't last too long. It's only fun for a little while and then it just gets old.

Amy F. said...

Aaah, those are the cutest pics! (I say that all the time, but its true!). What an experience all this crazy weather must be for you guys. Sadie is so brave too!
I can only imagine Dax in a rainstorm. He would love it!!
Stay warm, and don't blow away! ;)