Sunday, November 1, 2009

Where did October go?

This month has seriously flown by too fast. October is one of my favorite months so I am sad to see it come to an end. We have been staying busy busy which is good so we don't realize how much we miss our family and friends! We are in full FALL here in VA! I love to see all the different colors on the trees and leaves on the ground. It's been a little warm and humid for this time of year but this week is looking to be chilly and perfect. I am so ready to break out the winter clothes!

We started the month off by delivering our"BOO" treats. We actually got caught but they were very excited to see our pumpkin bars. (my fav fall treat)

I just finished my week of teaching pre-school. We had a fun time making Halloween crafts and and decorating pumpkin rice krispes. These three pre-schoolers are getting so smart!!

The bus stop crowd

I volunteered to do Brody's kindergarten Halloween party, which I must do every year. I love Halloween and I love how kindergartners love any thing you do! Brody's teacher was so nice to let Sadie join right in with the rest of the class. She will start kinder next year so she may end up with Brody's teacher..kinda funny. They did a parade around the school and in the office. They all were so proud of their costumes.


Me and Katrina. She was their helping with her daughters party also. Thanks to her for my costume!!



Noah's Mom has a fun pumpkin carving party every year, since we are not there we decided to have our own. Brody did his 100% by his self! He was pretty proud of it. I tried a new approach by shaving the outside of my pumpkin...it turned into a giant apple.

Sorry for the bad lighting..

And Ta Da!!...
The cutest Iron man, Ariel, and cowboy you have ever seen!


Just check out those wrangler buns!


You are not allowed to trick or treat in our Apt. complex so we headed over to the ward Trunk or Treat. It was our first...and possibly our last. Trick or treating in a neighborhood is waaay more fun! The kids were done in about 15 min.! Though it was really fun to see all our church friends dressed up. We are on the look out for a good neighborhood for next year.

Checkin out the LOOT! We let Ronan eat anything and everything...he has never been so happy.


So that is our October festivities. Can't wait for Thanksgiving!
And...a big shout out to Noah for scoring the second highest grade in his class on his mid term. All those long hours at the library are paying off!

16 comments:

Casey said...

Woo hoo!!! Love all the pictures!! And their costumes turned out great! Tell Noah congrats on the good grades. You were one hot witch!

Abby Runyan said...

Loved your October. & the cute costumes.

Amber Miskin said...

The pictures are great! FYI, trunk or treats can be fun. We did ours Friday night and almost every car had their own game. It took us 1 1/2 hours to go around once and play all the games! Then we went out Sat night...fun times!

Janel said...

Awwwww, WE MISS YOU!!! :D Yummy on the pumpkin bars, I haven't made mine yet, but I will...oh yes, I will!! LOL Looks like you guys had a great October. YAY NOAH!!

Cara said...

Oh I loooove your tights! You were a very cute witch. Sounds like you had a great October, I can't wait to see some scenery pics of VA in November! Give your kiddos a kiss from us, love ya!

Brittney Smith said...

Looks like you guys had a great halloween. I bet the Fall there is beautiful. Love the cowboy buns too!!

Maddy said...

Way to go Noah!!! I miss your pumpkin bars. YUMMMMM! The kids look FANTASTIC!!! I think it's cute that Beau and Ronan were both cowboys.

CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!

Chelsea said...

Seriously, your kids are way too cute! I'm so proud of you and how well your adjusting to living away.

And YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. I am SOOOO NOT the crafty friend. I DID NOT make those bags! My mil bought them a few years ago. When's your Az trip for the holidays?? Are we going to be there the same time??

See it Try it Love it said...

Sounds like a ton of fun, and those pumpkin bars look scrumptious. I love all the kids in their costumes. I can't post on my blog anymore I don't know why so you need to get on Facebook missy. Tell Noah Congrats, and miss you guys.

Leah Fitts said...

hellooooo! jill i miss you too! bunko is not the same without you! could you get home already. also the wreath gave me a rug burn on my chin it was sweet. love your costume and the kiddos too. cant wait to see more!
MISS YOU!!!

amberbuck said...

How fun were your festivities! I have to get that pumpkin bar recipe, I could have just jumped through the screen to eat those bad boys. We couldn't trick or treat in our neighborhood either so we tagged along with friends in our ward. Are you guys going to az for christmas?

pimpin james said...

hey girl! I love ur "wicked" witch costume :) I didn't know u r doing pre-school ??!! I think I'm gonna teach pre-school next yr! and GOOD JOB to Noah! and be sure to let me know when u r coming to town, I wanna see u and the kiddos for sure :)

Brenda Janda said...

Awesome, I love your updates. Can I get the pumkpin bar recipe? Sounds delicious.

Brooke Colvin said...

Looks like a fun Halloween! I did our preschool Halloween party too and it was really fun. I love your witch costume and striped tights too. And congrats to Noah!

S and K said...

CUTENESS all over the place!!! I love the wranglers more than life! I SOOO wish I could squeeze L's into some....gives me a good idea for next year and a GOOD excuse to buy some cute cowgirl boots! (OH MAN, now I'm sad I didn't get with it earlier and do that this year!!) :) I love that you dressed up, your such a fun Mama!!

Flaherty Fam said...

What a fun Halloween! I also love pumpkin bars...they are my fav! We sure missed your Halloween party this year. Maybe someday we will all get together and do it again.