Wednesday, April 25, 2007

TIVO CATASTROPHE!

So It's about 9:30 and I am finally sitting down to watch the biggest night in AI television. I had been waiting for this night for so long. I was so excited to see Kelly Clarkson and all the fabulous stars they have been bragging about for the last month. So I am very much enjoying the first few minutes when I go to fast foward through Earth Wind and Fire when what did I see?!!! That dreaded red strip telling me that somebody forgot to erase all of there car show crap tv and that the last 30 min. did not get recorded!! I was so mad! I think I made this person (I won't name names) feel really bad. But hey, don't record so many car shows! The part of the show I did get to watch was great and I did forgive him (I think) when it stopped recording seconds after Kelly sang. He got lucky on that one. So after that I went racing to the computer to try and find who got kicked off. I didn't really get it at first, but then I realized what they did. If someone could feel me in on how the last 30 min. of the show was that would be great. That will be crazy to kick off two people next week. I can't wait! I'll be sure to check the recorded % next time.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That's the worst. I hate when we forget to set the record time to 5 minutes after the show ending time - I'm always afraid it's gonna stop before the shows over (and it's happened at least once - I was ticked)! I love our DVR because I have recorded every Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and I just play it over and over for Noah. This morning it just stopped in the middle of one of the recorded shows back from December. I'm worried because I can't fix it! My life will be really hard if we've lost all of our recorded shows. Talk about catastrophe!

See it Try it Love it said...

You are too funny. Though I would go crazy if that happenend to me. When I went out of town last year. I had set to record like 50 shows and I checked the alloted time and was fine. When I got back I realized I did not have enough time and it had started erasing shows. Apparently when you record on hd channels it takes up a lot more space. So remember that.

Maddy said...

Oooooh, that's happened to me a few times. I was so livid. Who knew Survivor had so much importance to my life.

The end of Idol was actually a let down. Be glad you didn't have to be teased like that.

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

Oh man...now that I have kids I look so forward to them going to bed and then sitting down to watch my shows. When they're not there...it's the worst! I don;t think you missed too much. Annie Lennox sang and then they made us all think that Jordin Sparks was going home, but then they said...just kidding...we're doing two next week.

Suzy Cummard said...

I just pop in a VHS & hit record! It USUALLy records the whole thing! LOL

Katie Peterson said...

That is hillarous...it sounds like something that has happened in our house. My husband likes to record motorcycle races, (at least 1 a day) & it drives me crazy because I don't think he ever watches them. Oh well! I love your blog & keep posting more recipes! Hopefully, I will see you at Donnie's shower if I haven't had our baby yet!

The Wilkins' said...

Oh how terrible! There has been 3 times total where we've watched every episode of a show, like Amazing Race or something, and then the last one is a 2-hour episode, but we forget to change the timer. And we don't realize it until we are sitting there watching and the recording ends before it's over. What a tragedy! ...at least your husband doesn't have every Star Wars recorded :)

Janel said...

Well now I feel bad because if I had seen this sooner I'd just say come over and watch it at my house!! But Mark already erased it.

I feel your pain, I have about 30 of our 100 hours taken up permanently with UFC fights that he'll probablty never watch again. Stupid.

AI was kind of a let down though.

matt sloan said...

That happened the other day to me!!! I pre-recorded an episode of Oprah that I wanted to see sooooo bad. So I got a snack and go to watch it and for some reason it only recorded like the first 10 minutes, I was so teode! gggrrrrr... I hear ya!

Angie Sloan

The Porters said...

so i was playing around on this sight and found your page....do you remember me at all?