Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Christmas recap


Christmas came and went so fast this year! I mean is it not mid January already?!

We started off by going around the town looking at all the Christmas lights with Noah's family. It's such a fun tradition, and I hope my kids never get to old for it. Later that night we put out our cookies and milk for Santa and spread Brody's reindeer food out on the grass. They loved all that stuff this year.

Christmas morning was so fun. I went to wake the kids up at 7 and when I walked in Brody's room he popped his head up and asked if it's time! It was so cute! I was so excited for the kids to open their luggage to see the "homemade" Disneyland tickets, but they didn't think it was that great. I was a little bummed, but I'm sure when we actually go they will act a little different.

Then we headed off to my parents to open gifts and have the breakfast I wait all year for. I don't know about you, but growing up my Mom and Dad always said every year that they were not going to have a big Christmas and it always ended up being the best ever! Well they totally still to that. They act like they are not really doing anything, but yet we come home with a car full of the best, well thought out gifts! They totally outdo themselves every year.

We then went over to Noah's parents. We all got to talk to his brother Justin serving a mission in Africa. That was definitely the highlight for us! It was so good to hear how good he is doing and hear how he has matured. He sounded so much older! Then it was on to opening more presents! I have never seen so many presents at one time. I guess that is what happens when you have 9 kids, 8 in laws and 20 grandkids! I don't know how Jeanne buys for everyone. She amazes us at all the fun things she thinks up every year!

One of my favorite presents was from my brother Justin. It was a Nike+. I was so excited and had no clue. Then I remembered how big and pregnant I was and was bummed I wouldn't be using it a lot. But come April, hopefully I will be a pro at using it.

All in all it was a fabulous Christmas and now I'm so excited for summer!

12 comments:

Nicole said...

What's a Nike+ ?

SunGood said...

I'm with Nicole..what's is that? Wendi flew in from Vegas today and I picked her up and we went straight to the zoo today with the kids! We would love to come except I'd feel guilty if the girls missed another day of school! Next time for sure! Hey.. when do the summer movie tickets go on sale?? I miss it every year! Have fun tomorrow! Thx for the invite!

Chelsea said...

I third the question! :) Fun Christmas presents for the kids!! How creative was Santa with homemade tickets in luggage! I would have loved it. And I am sure they will when they are older...or actually there!

Ann said...

Same question? I need to know what it is in case I need to tell Ryan that I need one.

Casey said...

This is a real cliffhanger, Jill. What is the Nike+?

the waites said...

So cute! I better get a call when you come to California, we have to see you guys!

Noah said...

A Nike+ is a thing that goes in your shoe (or you can buy the shoe it's made for) and it tracks how far you have ran, and a bunch of other stuff. And it works with your Ipod so you can see it all on there, and has someone that talks to you. Then you can go online and it keeps a record of all your times. I'm not a pro, but I know that much so far.

Amy F. said...

I love the Disneyland tickets, and I love the look on their faces -pure excitement, right? JK. It was fun to hear your Christmas recap. I could relive Christmas all year long!

Anonymous said...

Disneyland tickets...lucky! They will love it when they get there! I'm jealous of your Nike+. You will have to let us know if you like it. I can't imagine the chaos at the Tyler's house with all of those kids!! I miss Christmas.

Abby Runyan said...

So fun! I want to know what a NIKE+ is too. Looks like you had a great christmas at least just now a great break. They are going to love going to disneyland. When are you guys going?

Abby Runyan said...

Ok just read what he NIKE+ is, very cool!

the cummard family said...

OK! Is "Noah" your husband really commenting on your blog? Tell me that's someone else with the same name-lol. Fun for your kids-Disneyland...jelous! Sorry I missed the zoo, the past couple weeks have been H. I've been sleep deprived and cranky-I've got to catch up on my z's!