Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Calling all Runners!


This Saturday is London's Run. There is a 1/2 marathon, 10k, and 2 mile run/walk. They will also have a yummy breakfast and BBQ before and after the run. There will be so many fun things for the kids to do, a silent auction, and a blood drive, so really, you don't have to be a runner to come out and participate. All the proceeds are going to my nephew Troy Wendt, who is undergoing Chemo treatments for Leukemia. To find out more info. go to www.londonsrun.org/
It's going to be a very special day and I am so excited to be there! I'll be at water station #4 handing out water to the runners! I'll be cheering you on! See you there!

8 comments:

Amy F. said...

I totally want to go! I can walk 2 miles right? (yeah right -I've become so lazy). If not I'll just hang with you.

SunGood said...

I actually think I will be participating in the 10k! Can't wait~!

the cummard family said...

SHUT IT-water girl? lol. I know your'e out of commission this go-around. I may assist you at the water station ;) I want to do the 1/2, or nothing, but don't feel ready. I'm being lazy. I'm sure we'll see you there!

Maddy said...

Good luck holding those cups just right ;D

Abby Runyan said...

I need to move back so I can go to all these events. That seems so cool. At first glance I thought you were running in it and I was freaking out thinking how in the world is she running when she is prego. I would be right beside you as a water girl!

Caralee said...

What an awesome event! I hope it is very successful. If I was down there and not going on seven months prego I would love to do it. Let me know if there are any more events in the summer.

Suzy Cummard said...

I just heard about this last night from Angie (Wendt).
Now, I see your blog... I think I'm a little too late.
I would've come do the shortest one at least!
DANG.
Hope it was a good turn out.
AND I esp. hope he is getting better.
NEXT TIME??? (Remind me)

the waites said...

I would so do it if I lived there. What a great cause, cant wait to see you guys.