Thursday, March 18, 2010

2 unexpected visitors...

So, Thursday around 5:00pm we get a knock at the door, open it up and see a balloon attached to a box of popcorn. We popped the balloon and it said we were being sent on a scavenger hunt and to go outside and start looking for the next clue. We all went outside and found 5 more balloons with different clues...and the last one said that the last clue is waiting in our apt. So we went back inside, found a red balloon attached to a Mounds bar. Inside it said who do you know that loves Mounds bars? My Mom is about the only person I know who loves them but I thought No way could they possibly be here! Then the note said to go look in the pantry for a surprize......



We found these two!...with tears already filling up. I could not believe it! They completely surprised us!! I kept asking How did you...when did you...what??? Then they told me that Noah was in on it and had known for the past two weeks! I was dying that they got me that good.

We had so much fun. We made cookies, went to the beach (since the weather has been A-mazing), went to dinner, went to church, played games, watched A.I. Friday night Noah and I had a party to go to so my Mom and Dad took the kids shopping and let them pick out a toy then they had a pizza party and watched movies all night. Every night Brody and Sadie slept on the floor next to my Mom...they said they wanted to have a slumber party ever night...and they did! My Mom learned real quick that Sadie is a night owl and will talk your ear off all night!
I had to show off my new necklace that My Mom got me for my birthday. It's from Vestige Jewelry. If you live in AZ and still have not gone...seriously do yourself a favor! Or if you are out of town go here to check her out on Etsy.
It was a little sad when we had to say goodbye but at least summer is coming real soon and will get to visit everyone!
We even made a chain to start the countdown. We are not sure on the exact day we will get to AZ but we put 112 days on the chain. Yikes! That sounds like a lot!
Thanks so much M0m and Dad for a great weekend! We loved every second of it!

16 comments:

Janel said...

That is SO COOL I seriously was about crying just reading that!! Your parents are so cool! And we can't wait for your visit too!!

Liz Godsey said...

Oh my gosh, this totally made me cry! What a sweet surprise and it sounded like a wonderful trip! So happy for you :)

Casey said...

Oh my gosh!!! How fun and exciting! Love it! Jill you look so much like your mom. The chain is a great idea for the countdown...it'll fly by!

Mamacita said...

That is so exciting!! You brought tears to my eyes. What a great memory for all of you! Love the countdown chain too. Miss you guys!

Burwell's Bits said...

What a wonderful and clever way to surprise you. How fun. We look forward to seeing you this summer!

☂niki. said...

aww this makes me tear up out of happiness for you!

what a fun surprise. the scavenger hunt was so cute!

See it Try it Love it said...

how freaking awesome!!!! your parents are the cutest, I bet your kids were in heaven. I want to come visit :(. I am counting down the days as well and planning some super fun stuff.

Hess Fam said...

funnest funnest parents you have there.
ps...your mom is so pretty...and you are her twin!

Brooke Colvin said...

That is such a fun surprise! I love how creative they were with the clues and everything. Grandparents are the best, aren't they?

Abby Runyan said...

You officially have the cutest parents ever!!!! I love that you have the count down going. Can't wait to see you!!!

amberbuck said...

That is the funnest thing! How cute are your parents? I bet they were thrilled to spend some quality time with their grandbabies! I know my mom misses my kids like crazy! Today is the first official day of spring so your that much closer to summer!

Amber Miskin said...

That's such a great idea! I'll have to remember that if I ever surprise anyone! :)

the cummard family said...

that would be THE BEST suprise ever. i would die.

Cara said...

When I heard your mom and dad were going to surprise you I was so happy!!! I bert it's so hard being away from loved ones but it sure makes the reunions you have that much sweeter :)

Heather said...

That is so sweet! Don't you just love families? That is really special of your parents! We all can't wait until you come this summer!!!

Maddy said...

I don't think I ever commented on this BUT -- your parents are the COOLEST! I'm so glad you've had so many visitors your first year away.