Monday, March 22, 2010

This A-mazing lady...


Graced us with her presence this past weekend. I will never forget it.

So, if you didn't know..Gladys Knight is a Mormon...yup...Mormon! For the past several years, Gladys Knight has been touring all over the States to deliver her testimony of the Gospel through her music. Let me tell you...it's the most amazing thing you have ever heard! She travels with her choir, the Saints Unified Voices (SUV), and they set up right in the stake center. Our Virgina Beach stake was privileged to have the fireside here, they usually do 2 shows...we got 5!! She is the cutest thing you have ever seen and so down to earth. I love how excited she was to share her testimony and love of Jesus Christ. She truly inspired me to be a better person, and more faithful servant. Not to mention the music...they brought down the house! I seriously didn't want it to end!!
At the end of the show, investigators were able to fill out a request card for a package she will have the missionaries bring to you. I think I heard that after the 5th show our stake had close to 500 referrals...just from the show! Our stake is truly being blessed and our little missionaries are going to have their work cut out for them. Anyway, I know most of my readers are probably LDS, but for those who are not and would like to request a copy of the Book of Mormon or even ask questions about our beliefs go here.
I am thankful every day that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It has blessed my life beyond measure.

7 comments:

See it Try it Love it said...

I know I show pics of Ronan to Pres and tell her that he was her first kiss! We can't wait, mall park for sure. Sadly I don't think I have ever hear the lovely mrs. knight but I totally want to now!

See it Try it Love it said...

BTW- I have Bunco next month, anyway you can make it down for it!!!! PLEASE!

Brittney Smith said...

Wow! Sounds amazing! I wish she would come here. It's awesome she is using her talents to help bring others to the church. :)

Abby Runyan said...

Loved this post. AMEN!!! Love this gospel. My mission president Sam Park is the one the is in charge of all her firesides. I'm sure he was there. I would LOVE to hear her testimony, what an amazing thing she is doing. I loved living away for this reason. I felt like I talked about my beliefs so much more & was able to share my testimony with so many that had never even heard or met someone that was LDS. Thanks for this post made me want to be better.

Amy F. said...

That is so neat!!! What an amazing experience. I think she is adorable, but haven't really listened to her music. Itunes, here I come ;) lol.

Heather said...

That is awesome! Music is such a powerful tool! I am happy that you got to experience that! Miss you guys! Hunter still asks about Brody. :)

Maddy said...

SO JEALOUS!