Wednesday, February 16, 2011

(Sugar Coma)

 Valentines day came and went. Noah and I signed up for a fundraiser babysitting thing for Fri. night but ended up being the night of a fellow church member's funeral. So we spent our Valentine night at a funeral...but is was very sweet and we were glad to be there for them. We skipped out of the dinner afterward and went to dinner with our good friends the Fawsons. Love them!

 On the actual V-days spent it at home with the kids. I made sugar cookies and the kids helped decorate them for some special V-day people.  I ate waaaaaaaay to many. Just looking at those pink cookies kind of makes me sick.

The kids got a special V-day package from my parents. They love getting things in the mail...as you can see.

We had a fun V-day dinner with the kids. Noah grilled the most amazing steaks I have ever had!!! Ruth's Chris had nothing on them! We passed out treats to our neighbor kids, then it was off to bed. Not too exciting.  

Happy late LOVE day from us!

3 comments:

Gwen said...

So glad to be a recipient of some of that yummy pink goodness! I had to laugh at the picture of the package opening--our kids do the exact same thing. It's a huge frenzy whenever the mailman knocks at the door with a package. Gotta love it!

Gwen said...

It's me, Erika, by the way. Didn't know Gwen was logged in!!

Maddy said...

I miss you sugar cookies!! I can't wait for you to be back so I can eat them. I found a pretty good recipe so we're going to have an Elgin St cookie taste off. Everyone brings their best chocolate chip cookie and sugar cookie recipes and then we decide which is the best so we can all use it forever. We'll have to wait for you to come back.

Speaking of fatty food, I made the BEST orange rolls today. I wish you were around to try them too. COME HOME SOON!