Saturday, February 5, 2011

Jamestown

 For Martin Luther King day we took a little day trip over to the Historic triangle. Jamestown, Yorktown and Williamsburg. One of the coolest parts of living in VA is all the rich history surrounding us. It's so fun to watch my kids learn about the history of our country and see how excited they get about it! They loved learning that we are living in the exact spot where the English landed and started the first colony...Virginia!!

In Jamestown we did a fun tour that showed us how people lived and survived. Boy am I grateful to live in 2011!! Those poor people had it so rough. They had this fun ship that they built to look like one that would have been used. 


 It was pretty cold this day!




Warming up inside.
Next, we headed to my Favorite town...Williamsburg. I seriously love it here!! I had already been a couple times and since it was sooo cold, we just drove around and looked at all the cute things Williamsburg has to offer. We found this adorable neighborhood. Every house was as cute as this house, if not cuter!! I may need to get me a house there someday.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

So fun!!! I've heard it has been freezing in VA...it looks like you guys were the only ones in Jamestown :)! Happy Birthday Noah!!

Erika said...

Glad to see you made it. It WAS freezing that day! We froze in Williamsburg and Yorktown. What a charming little house!